Thursday, May 1, 2008

Detroit Media - A True Gem

I was out at lunch yesterday, listening to 97.1 in my car (you should never eat Taco Bell anywhere but in your car while listening to sports radio), when I heard these two Detroit idiots spouting off something that actually made me laugh out loud. If I remember correctly, it was Terry Foster of the Detroit News and Pat Caputo of the...what is it? Oakland Press? Anyway, this Caputo moron was talking about Chris Osgood.

Mind you, I am not making any of this up.

Apparently, Chris Osgood, if he wins the Cup this year, will be a "lock Hall of Famer". He's also "one of the ten best goalies of all time," the "second best goalie in Red Wings history" and "he's going to have his number retired".

Wow. Just....wow.

Thankfully, Foster was there to breathe a modicum ("a little bit" for those readers from Detroit) of sanity to the discussion by pointing out that Osgood is a backup goalie was was run out of town once already.

So let me get this straight...Osgood, a backup goalie who once literally cried on camera because the media was "mean to him" is a lock HOFer and one of the ten best goalies of all time? The guy who was not only run out of town by the team, the fans and the media, but was also run out of St Louis and New York? The guy who is notorious for letting in 60ft turds in the 3rd period of series-clinching games (and not just once or twice)? That Chris Osgood?

I mean, I realize the Detroit media are absolutely disgusting in their homerism, but this would make them blush. Don Fucking Cherry doesn't even blindly fellate Bobby Orr as much as this Caputo asswipe just gummed down on Osgood. What a loser.

No comments: